AD (728x60)

3/31/2016

A letter to Google

Share & Comment


I was about to make a tutorial to explain how I have been extracting maps from Google until I have read on several forums that I may not be allowed to extract any Google map. I have read the terms of use of Google and I am not sure about what I can or cannot do since the Green Las Vegas project is free to access. So, I have asked the question to Google and I am waiting for an answer. Here is my email. Let's wait.

Hi,

I am developing a game (http://innovtour.blogspot.com/p/green-map.html) with Unity to show the impact of the good ecological practice in Las Vegas (http://innovtour.blogspot.com/2016/03/green-las-vegas.html). My purpose is to show that recycling green waste could have a positive impact on the environment and the budget of a family. I want also to show that the production of methane with green waste could provide a large amount of Stirling electricity. I want to promote few technologies (http://innovtour.blogspot.com/p/technologies.html) that I believe are good for the environment.

I have already downloaded 1/4 of the city of Las Vegas scaled 1:5000 with Goggle map until I read on a forum that I might not be allowed to do this. So here is my question, how to get an authorization to use Google maps. I plan to export satellite views to design the colors of the terrain and street views to show the various activities of Las Vegas (outside of the Strip) that could go green. The game will be free to access, but some brands may want to buy virtual parcels (http://innovtour.blogspot.com/p/sponsors.html) for concept projects (http://innovtour.blogspot.com/p/concept-projects.html).

Last question. Would Goggle be interested to develop this project on a larger scale and partner with this project?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

Eima BLANK

Update on April 1st, 2016

I knew it would be a challenge to develop this project. I had the answer from Google map: no copy of any map to transfer in an other application. They were very kind and they answered very quickly to ask me more question, but lastly, they have copyrights which I perfectly understand. Anyway, they sent me this link which is very interesting: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/

On a forum, I have found a reference to OpenStreetMap. There are not as much details as on the Google Street maps, but it might not be a problem. I had planned to redraw part of the Street Maps to show my prospects and OpenStreetMap gives me enough details to have the background with the roads. I can also download the OpenStreetMap of Nevada from Geofabrick. I have found a tutorial in French to extract both OpenStreetMap and Geofabrik with QGIS. We are getting close to a solution to finish the design of the terrain.


EXTERNAL LINKS


Tags: , , , ,

Written by

Eima BLANK is a creative designer, a writer and a rewarded entrepreneur. You can find her full profile on her linkedin page and visit her professional website for more information.

0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

The Carpent'Hours

 

New Content

New updates on the Baby Planet, Garden Homes, Concept Projects, QGIS, Blender, and Unity 3D pages.
New updates on , Lumion, Photoshop, Sketchup and the other page with new pictures and videos. You can use the menu at the top of the page to navigate inside the different categories.
The Taj Mahal page now has new pictures. This page will be updated any time the project improves.

Recent Posts

We are proud of our sponsors

When you sponsor us, your brand shows on this website and all our flyers. You receive premium information on this project and you become a part of our team. To sponsor us, visit this page.
Copyright © Green Las Vegas | Template designed by Templateism.com